We are just a normal family that desires to live as debt free as possible and be a blessing to others. This blog is about part of our journey to get there. Come often and view our progress as we take the plunge with our "dream" home. Oh, you may see it as a nightmare but sit back and watch as our dream becomes a reality. A reality where we can enjoy the company of those traveling through as they stop and enjoy a good nights rest and some old fashioned home cooking. If by chance you live in the area or are traveling through, stop in and see for yourself what we are doing as you sit a bit and enjoy a glass of sweet tea. If nothing else, just come often and watch as this dream of ours unfolds right before your very eyes.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

operation demolation day 3

Wow, what a day.  Might I start off with the fact that as I was sweeping upstairs by the window (where I have not yet swept) I saw something shinny.  Imagine my eyes as I looked down on the floor and saw my lost glasses just laying there.  Now let me explain.  I lost them in a lot of rotted insulation yesterday.  We looked for a long time but did not find them.  Today when I got there I did not even look for them but started shoveling insulation again.  I saw something sparkling on the floor and bent down to pick it up and lo and behold it was my glasses.  Yippe!!!!!!!  Thank you Lord for laying them right there for me to pick up.  He is such an awesome God!  We had some help today, what a blessing.  Because of the extra help we were able to get so much more done.  The huge burn pile was lit today and a lot of it was burned.  It literally burnt all day and still had to be put out before we came home.  We will start it up again the next time we are there.  We got most of the upstairs gutted and started on the downstairs.  The little girls had the job of picking up whatever we threw out the window for them to put on the burn pile.  They also had the job of picking up whatever was on the ground around the roll off container.  I think we got in a good hard days work.  I cooked sloppy joes over the open fire and we ate carrot sticks and fruit salad.  A whole box of Little Debbie Oatmeal cakes disappeared too.  I got to come home early and shower first.  You haven't seen dirty until you have gutted an old house!  Anyway, here are the photos from today.  David and the kids stayed for a couple of hours after I came home and they said they got the whole family room gutted.  YEAH!!!

master bedroom being gutted

looking into the living room

gutted out wood up in smoke

the "fire" man

sweeping the staircase

gutting the upstairs hallway

girls room almost gutted

picking up wood thrown out the window for fire

No comments:

Post a Comment